Saturday 2 November 2013

The Thoroes of Writing

Well, it's November 2nd. That means NaNoWriMo is two days old. This is part where I'm supposed to tell you how well my start has been. --Insert ridiculous laugh track here-- It's actually not going as well as I had hoped. I'm sitting around _600_ words at the moment. I should be sitting around 3,340. Should is the operative word there. I am hoping to get caught up this weekend.

Last night I attended my first write-in session of the NaNo season. It was great to see writers I haven't seen in a year and to get back into the groove of writing amongst likeminded people. Unfortunately, due to prior engagements, I had to leave just as the groove was getting to where I needed it to be, but there will be many more write-ins in the future. I am excited for each and every one of them. And to each writing session I will bring a couple of things:

Sodalite - it is said to help writers with inspiration

Perry. My NaNoWriMowl.


This year, I have a mentor. NaNo has a mentor/mentee system where NaNo veterans who have made 50,000 mentor new NaNoWriMos or those who have not made the 50,000 word goal. I am one of the latter; this is my second year doing NaNo, but I failed my first year by 32,000. I am hoping having a mentor to guide me and keep me grounded is going to help.

NaNo is 30 days of intense writing madness, but it's a thrilling experience. I never regret joining it, despite how insane it gets or how exhausted it feels at times. I've met so many great people.

To those of you writing: Good luck and keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment